Inagro is a research and advisory institute for agriculture and horticulture, both green house and field vegetables. Geographically speaking Inagro is located in the very intensive and innovation-driven agricultural and horticultural heart of the province of West Flanders in Belgium.
Within its own optimised professional research infrastructure, Inagro’s scientific and technical teams devise farming and cultivation techniques ready for practical use. Inagro’s advisers take the new know-how to the agricultural and horticultural businesses and guide the businesses in how to implement these insights.
Inagro also represents:
• More than 60 years of hands-on tradition in agricultural research and education
• 215 members of staff and a 14,5 million € operation budget/annum
• 410 trial designs and more than 60,000 laboratory analyses per annum
• + 150 information and demonstration events per annum
• Expertise in arable farming, open air horticulture, greenhouse horticulture, edible mushrooms, cattle farming and intensive livestock farming, organic farming, agricultural diversification and education, focus on cultivation techniques and crop protection; soil, water and energy; innovation and diversification; the social and natural environment. Inagro is GEP accredited.
• Pioneer and reference partner in aquaculture, insect breeding and smart farming.
• Founder of an online application with relevant IPM information for specific crops: https://gewasbescherming.inagro.be/